Certified Special Event Professional - the mark of excellence. The CSEP designation is the hallmark of professional achievement in the special events industry. It is earned through education, performance, experience, and service to the industry, and reflects a commitment to professional conduct and ethics. For more information about the CSEP certification and program, click here.
The CSEP Exam Process has gotten that much easier.
Based on candidate feedback and in an ongoing effort to simplify candidates’ exam processes and procedures, the ISES Certification Committee is proud to announce the following enhancements to the CSEP application process and fee structure:
- Applicants no longer need to purchase a CSEP Exam Instruction Manual. All exam information, requirements, and the exam application are accessible online at any time on the ISES website, on the new CSEP web pages at no cost.
- The CSEP candidate’s event management knowledge, skills, and abilities are tested through our rigorous, industry respected exam, and therefore candidates are no longer required to provide “points” as part of the application process. However, the candidates are still required to show proof that they are actively employed in the special events industry for a minimum of three (3) years full time.
- Letters of recommendation are no longer required as part of the application process.
- Once a new candidate is ready to sit for the exam, only one payment is required as opposed to three separate fees. Candidates will be charged a one time $600.00 USD fee. The exam retake fee has been reduced to $200.00USD.
- A new CSEP website has been created so candidates and current CSEPs will have access to simple step-by-step exam application, exam and CSEP recertification procedures.
- The one (1) year exam time limitation for approved CSEP candidates has been eliminated. Candidates can sit for the exam anytime during the established exam windows.
- The CSEP exam is still an electronic, location-convenient, comprehensive exam, offered multiple times a year during convenient exam windows in candidate-requested locations. Only the application process has changed not the exam process -- and all candidates who are currently in any step of the CSEP process have been notified of the changes and will not be charged additional funds for whatever portion of the $600.00 exam fee they have already remitted.
Find a CSEP in Columbus, click here.